Immerse yourself in the Spanish language and culture by having us arrange your accommodation with a Spanish host family.
Almost 80% of students choose to live with a host family during the first weeks of their programme.
Spanish families are renowned for their hospitality, sense of humor and enjoyment of life. Students usually feel completely at home with their families and enjoy this unique opportunity to fully integrate into Spanish family life. The intimate relationship with the family encourages the natural use of every-day Spanish.
Staying with a host family is an important and rewarding part of the student’s learning process. The students receive their own house key and are only required to bring their own towels. Students can choose between half-board or full-board, and accommodation in a single or a double room. To select the type of accommodation that suits you best or to inform us of any special (nutritional) needs, you can indicate your preference on the bottom of the registration form.
Living with a Spanish host Family: we ask that you reserve your accommodation at least 2 weeks in advance. Malaga and Alicante are popular tourist destinations and if you are booking your accommodation during high season we advise you to make the reservation as soon as possible. We do accept last minute reservations if there is space, please check accommodation availability with us.
Students should arrive on Sunday and leave on Saturday or Sunday. Accommodation is paid per week. No reduction can be made for part of a week.
What means to live with a Spanish family?
- Sleeping in a single room, sharing the rest of the flat/house with the family
- Half board – morning and lunch meals.
- You’ll be integrated in the daily life of the family, you’ll form part of them, they’ll treat you as their friend
- They’ll support you with your exercises as well as they can (they are not teachers, but they’re living the daily Spanish)
- They’ll off to lead you wherever they go themselves: cinema, pubs, dining with friends …
- If you have problems in the town they’ll stay with you and help you.