Malaga by night
Friday, welcome back! Do you also have the feeling to go out this weekend and discover the wonderful nightlife of Malaga? A night out in Malaga guarantees fun and roister and the city has places for visitors of all tastes and ages. Below you will find some ins and outs of the nightlife in Malaga. Be prepared for a long but also great night, because Malagueños tend to take their time and enjoy every minute.
Normally the nights start of at restaurants. What you might already have noticed is that the majority of the restaurants here open at 20:00 in the evening. Do not worry! If you do not like to wait that long there are as well restaurants opening earlier. You then will probably end up at a tapas bar, which are often serve delicious food as well! Gastronomic delights, we are waiting for you…
- Tapeo de cervantes: The perfect place with the best tapas in town. The tapas bar is located in the historic centre and has a warm, intimate and cosy atmosphere that adds to the experience. It is advisable to reserve beforehand because the restaurant is loved by many people. Tapeo de Cervantes is open from 13:00-15:30 and from 19:30-23:30.
- Mercado Provenzal: A beer for €0,40? It is possible at Mercado Provenzal! Also the tapas are very cheap (some even €0,50!). Sit outside at a tub and enjoy the cheap and tasteful tapas and drinks. You can find this little bar at Calle Granada.
- Raff: You might not find this bar too easily and once found you will not encounter many tourists. Raff is located close to Plaza Uncibay and there is a great vibe when entering. Grab a caña and you get a free tapa with it!
Once you finished tasting all the best local specialities in one of these restaurants it is time to search for a nice bar to have a drink. Many bars can be found at ‘Plaza de la Merced’, a cosy square with a great atmosphere. You can’t fail to escape the energy! Drink here a caña, try a sangria or choose a cocktail from the wide list that most bars have and prepare yourself to dance till dawn later that evening.
- La Terraza de la Alcazaba: Imagine yourself sitting on the rooftop of a hotel with a cocktail in your hand… Wouldn’t that be nice? Go to the Terraza de la Alcazaba, a terrace one floor above Restaurant Batik. It has a modern and trendy atmosphere and is open until 2:30.
- Café Bruselas: A great place to have a drink after diner and before heading out to the clubs. They have a wide variety of drinks and the bar attracts people from all cultures and places. It is a meeting point for those seeking culture, originality and a good conversations. Besides this Café Bruselas holds sometimes storytelling evenings and trivial quizzes!
- Morrisseys: In this Irish pub you will be able to order the best national beers, gins and whiskey. Besides, it is a great place to meet new people. Their motto is: “there are no strangers, only friends you have not met yet.”
After a few drinks it is time to go explore the vibes in the clubs. Malaga has plenty of clubs with great music where people party all night long. The clubs are open untill quite late (7:00… so you may also interpret this as early) due to the fact that the Malagueños normally take their time to prepare and chat with friends on the terrace. The club scene is mostly found around Plaza de la Merced and Plaza de Uncibay.
Dance the night away in the following clubs:
- Sala Gold Calle de Luis de Velázquez, 5
- Theatro club Malaga Calle Lazcano, 5
- El Andén Plaza de Uncibay, 8
- Wenge Calle Sta. Lucía, 11
- Granados 10 Calle Granados, 10
All the clubs are quite big and often crowded by youngsters, but there always is an exceptional atmosphere. Do you prefer some live music? Malaga has many live music venues! Go to ZZpub or Tennessee Live Club Malaga.